Jiddu Krishnamurti: Responsibility & Relationship




Uploaded on Jan 8, 2011
http://alchemicalarchives.blogspot.com/

A Wholly Different Way of Living: San Diego, California 1974

19th February 1974 4th Conversation with Dr. Allan W. Anderson

'Responsibility and Relationship'

A: Mr Krishnamurti, just at the point where we left last time in our conversation we had raised the question of the distinction between the notion that I must be responsible for my action and just being responsible. I was sitting here thinking to myself, oh why can't we go on, so perhaps we could start at that point. Would that be agreeable?

K: Sir, there is a very definite distinction between responsible for and being responsible. Being responsible for implies direction, a directed will. But the feeling of responsibility implies responsibility for everything, not in a direction, not in a direction, in any one particular direction. Responsible for education, responsible for politics, responsible the way I live, to be responsible for my behaviour. It's a total feeling of complete responsibility which is the ground in which action takes place.

A: I think then this takes us back to this business of crisis we were talking about. If the crisis is continuous then it's misleading to say, I'm responsible for my action, because I've put the thing out there again and it becomes an occasion for my confusing what is at hand that requires to be done and the concept of this notion of this action because I am my action.

K: Yes, that's just it.
  • Category

  • License

    Standard YouTube License


Labels:



Leave A Comment:

Powered by Blogger.